Discover the Palm Sugar Flower!
Rhubarb compote with palm sugar flower
1 liter (4 cups) of prepared rhubarb
150 g. (about 1 cup) of PALM SUGAR FLOWER KAMPONG SPEU
15 ml (1 tbsp) of lemon juice
- In a saucepan, combine the rhubarb and sugar.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently and simmer 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Cover and refrigerate until completely chilled.
Inspired by the recipe “Rhubarb compote” from ricardocuisine.com
Cinnamon syrup and Apéro des Pirates
Apéro des Pirates (for 1 cocktail):
0.50 oz of lemon juice
0.50 oz of CINNAMON SYRUP PALM SUGAR FLOWER KAMPONG SPEU
2 oz of pear juice
1 oz of dark rum
1 sprig of rosemary
Preparation instructions for syrup
- Put all the ingredients in a saucepan and heat for 10 minutes.
- Bring to a boil, then turn off the heat.
- Let the syrup cool with the cinnamon sticks.
- When the syrup is cold, remove the cinnamon sticks.
- Bottle the syrup.
Inspired by the recipe “Cinnamon syrup” from lesfoodies.com
Preparation instructions for the cocktail
- Put all the ingredients in a shaker.
- Add the ice cubes and shake vigorously for 8 to 10 seconds.
- With a strainer, strain your shaker into a stemmed glass.
Inspired by the recipe “Apéro des Pirates” from Ateliers & Saveurs
Banana bread with its crumble of Palm Sugar Flower
100 g. (about 1 cup) of chopped pecans
80 g. (about ½ cup) of Palm Sugar Flower KADODÉ
60 ml. (¼ cup) of unbleached all-purpose flour
1 ml. (¼ teaspoon) of ground cinnamon
60 ml. (¼ cup) of unsalted butter, softened
3 crushed ripe bananas
75 ml. (1/3 cup) of softened butter
150 ml. (2/3 cup) of brown cane sugar
440 ml. (1 ¾ cup) of unbleached all-purpose flour
10 ml. (2 teaspoons) of baking powder
3 ml. (½ teaspoon) of salt
1 ml. (¼ teaspoon) of baking soda
- Position backing rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat the oven to 180 ° C (350 ° F). Butter a 25 x 10 cm (10 x 4-inch) bread mold with a capacity of 1.5 liters (6 cups). Line the mold with parchment paper in the bottom while leaving out the paper on both sides on the longer side. Your bread will be easier to unmold.
- In a bowl, mix pecans, palm sugar flower, flour and cinnamon. Add the butter and mix with your fingertips until the dough is just moistened. Reserved.
- In another bowl, combine bananas, butter, cane sugar and egg. Reserved.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Stir the banana mixture with a wooden spoon or spatula until the mixture is just moistened.
- Divide half of the mixture into the mold. Sprinkle with half of the crumble. Pour the rest of the dough and sprinkle with the rest of the crumble.
- Bake for about 1:15 or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Cool completely on a rack before unmolding.
Inspired by Ricardo’s recipe “Banana bread and maple crumble”.